Hospital Isolation Rooms – Topic Overview:
An isolation (DP Gauge) facility aims to control the airflow in the room so that the number of airborne infectious particles is reduced to a level that ensures cross-infection of other people within a healthcare facility is highly unlikely. This may be achieved by:
- Control of the quantity and quality of intake or exhaust air.
- Maintain different air pressures between adjacent areas.
- Designing airflow patterns for specific clinical procedures.
- Diluting infectious particles with large air volumes.
- Air filtration – HEPA filters, etc.
How do isolation (DP Gauge) rooms work?
Sometimes isolation rooms use negative air pressure. This helps prevent airborne diseases (such as tuberculosis or flu) from escaping the room and infecting other people. A machine pulls air into the room. Then it filters the air before moving it outside. In a negative air pressure room, you may be able to feel air being sucked into the room under a closed door or through a slightly opened window.
Positive air pressure
In other cases, such as when a person has a weakened immune system, positive air pressure may be used. Clean, filtered air is constantly pumped into the room. This is done to keep contagious diseases out of the room.
With this type of isolation room, you may be able to feel air blowing out of the room under a closed door
QUALITY ROOM PRESSURE MEASUREMENT MATTERS IN HOSPITALS:
Hospital room pressure monitors and controls help keep patients and staff safe. ACE INSTRUMENTS products use proven the technology and engineering for the best possible health, safety, and compliance outcomes. ACE INSTRUMENTS make Digital Differential Pressure Gauges are digital readout differential pressure monitors designed for measuring the room pressure inside Pharma clean rooms, hospital operation theatres & isolation rooms.
Hospital Isolation Room Pressure Monitor is designed to measure the room pressure in Isolation Rooms & operation theatres with respect to a corridor. The Hospital Isolation Room Pressure Monitor is available in a smart Powder Coated Cabinet with a Stainless Steel Front Flush Plate for mounting into Modular Hospital Room Walls & Brick Walls. The hospital isolation room pressure monitor enables measurement of both positive & negative pressure measurement in the isolation rooms in a single instrument. Power Supply to the Hospital Isolation Room Pressure Monitor is an industry standard 24 V.D.C. Input Supply. Customized power supply ratings as per country of use can be provided for quantity requirements. The Hospital Isolation Room Pressure Monitor has the front key selectable Unit conversion of mm.W.C. & Pascals. The hospital isolation room pressure monitor can be customized for any other engineering units like In.W.C. , cm.W.C., ft. W.C., etc. It comes integrated with a built-in buzzer alarm for alerting supervisor/attendant in case of deviation from desired Hi & Lo set limits thus ensuring that the Isolation room is maintained within the stipulated pressure limits with alarm delay functionality.
- Specially created for Hospital Isolation Rooms
- Avoids room contamination by alerting supervisors via buzzer
- Easy selection of units by front keys
- The Hospital Isolation Room Pressure Monitor is a high accuracy Digital Gauge with an easy to read digital 7 Segment, 4 Digit Red LED Display
- All differential pressure measuring ranges are available: -500 Pascals to 500 Pascals, -50 to 50 Pascals, 0 to 100 Pascals, 0 to 500 Pascals, -50.0 to 50.0 mm. W.C., -100.0 to 100.0 mm.W.C., 0.0 to 10.0 mm.W.C., 0.0 to 50.0 mm.W.C. & any other customized range as per user requirement
- The accuracy of the instrument is unmatched at /-0.5% F.S. Options include 4-20mA Re-transmission Analog output
- Comes with integrated RS 485 Modbus communication for integration onto BMS/SCADA